Aloha!

Welcome to my blog. Hope you will learn a little and laugh a lot.

Mahalo,
Joann

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Aloha! We have a new family member....

Well, 2012 was quite a year. Dear hubby participated in the WBRC, blind rehab program for three months. Then, it was off to dog school. I am so proud of my hubby. He has over-taken this latest obstacle with patience, humor, and the endurance of a soldier.


John and Rocky's Graduation Picture

I have linked to the Western Blind Rehab Center and Guide Dogs of America. I cannot thank them enough for giving me my husband back with a positive view of our future. The programs and people that work there are absolutely wonderful. If anyone has vision that limits their daily functions please contact those facilities. I believe you must be a veteran to attend WBRC although GDA has their own admission requirements.

Also, a special thanks to the puppy raisers. Your love and dedication has enabled Rocky to transition into our furry clan which includes, our adopted children Mickey, our dog, and Felix, our cat.

While John was away I worked on turning our second bedroom into a dedicated studio. We got lots of ideas from houzz.com. I am completing the process of adding the sewing items to the room. Next I will add the jewelry making supplies.

I have gathered the fabric for a baby/toddler quilt which I will work on this afternoon. I also found this great fabric store. They have a design wall feature so you can see the fabric choices together and get an idea how they will work in your project. Check it out! Till next time, be creative, love what you do!

Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment